The Department of Cardiology of SGNHC provides state-of-the-art adult and pediatric cardiac care encompassing both inpatients and outpatients. It provides consultative, investigative, percutaneous interventional and curative services to the heart patient.
Our cardiologists have the experience and skill to diagnose and manage life-threatening conditions such as heart attacks and abnormal heartbeat rhythms in a state-of-the-art facility designed to address the needs of emergency and long-term heart patients.
The department of cardiology in SGNHC provides the following special services:
- Holter Monitoring
- Treadmill Testing
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Right and left heart catheterizations
- Peripheral angiogram
- Balloon Valvotomy (PTMC, Pulmonary Valvotomy, aortic Valvotomy)
- Coronary angiography
- Coronary angioplasty
- Intracoronary stent placement
- Electrophysiology studies (EPS, RFA and 3D EPS, RFA)
- Temporary and permanent pacemaker implantations
- Department of cardiology provides OPD services in all the days except Saturday. There is 24 hour emergency service for cardiac emergency every day. One trained cardiologist has to stay inside hospital for 24 hours to ensure quality of cardiac care. This is a unique system of its kind in Nepal.
- Each and every cardiologist has asked to identify their field of special interest to systematize organized cardiac care system in nation’s only one public tertiary level cardiac centre.
- We are conducting several research projects both in the clinical field as well as community. We are also working on our projects to run preventive programs in the community. Recently our community based research on prevalence of rheumatic and congenital heart disease in school children has received much attention.